Integrity — Ability to know and do what is right
- BE COMMITTED: Set high standards for your behavior and stick to them, even in difficult situations.
- BE COURAGEOUS: Stand up for what you believe is just and good.
- BE HONEST: Choose words and actions that are sincere, not misleading.
- BE DISCIPLINED: Remain dedicated and self-controlled, even when challenged.
- BE RESILIENT: Learn from mistakes and losses; seize the opportunity to improve.
Respect — Treating others the way you want to be treated
- BE ACCEPTING: Support everyone’s worth and dignity, regardless of background, abilities or beliefs.
- BE CONSIDERATE: Always be aware of and honor others’ rights and feelings.
- BE ATTENTIVE: Be ready to learn from teachers, other staff and your peers.
- BE ENCOURAGING: Demonstrate concern for the growth and development of all others.
- BE APPRECIATIVE: Value the guidance of supportive adult and student leaders.
Responsibility — Embracing opportunities to contribute
- BE HELPFUL: Understand and advance the group’s positive goals.
- BE CONSCIENTIOUS: Be aware and careful of the choices you make.
- BE ACCOUNTABLE: Accept that your actions impact everyone around you.
- BE PERSEVERING: Work through difficulty and discouragement in pursuit of individual and class objectives.
- BE RELIABLE: Prove that others can depend on you.
Citizenship — Bring your best to all situations
- BE COOPERATIVE: Join your classmates in a mutual quest for excellence.
- BE FAIR: Perform skillfully, guided by the letter and spirit of the rules.
- BE GRACIOUS: Enjoy the challenge of a tough competitor and meet it with your finest performance, win or lose.
- BE HONORABLE: Respect the challenge and contributions made by classmates, teachers and other staff.
- BE HUMBLE: Don’t distract from great work with arrogant behavior.
Leadership — Serving the common good
- BE EMPOWERING: Inspire and help others to grow, succeed and lead.
- BE VISIONARY: Raise expectations for yourself and the class.
- BE INTERCONNECTED: Recognize the vital link between individual effort and group achievement.
- BE GENEROUS: Freely contribute hard work and support to reach the classes goals.
- BE ENERGETIC: Initiate action and do what needs to be done.