Integrity: Ability to know and do what is right
- Be Committed. Set high standards for your behavior and stick to them, even in difficult situations.
- Be Courageous. Stand up for what you believe is just and good.
- Be Honest. Choose words and actions that are sincere, not misleading.
- Be Disciplined. Remain dedicated and self-controlled, even when challenged.
- Be Resilient. Learn from mistakes and losses; seize the opportunity to improve.
Respect: Treating others the way you want to be treated
- Be Accepting. Support everyone’s worth and dignity, regardless of background, abilities or beliefs.
- Be Considerate. Always be aware of and honor others’ rights and feelings.
- Be Attentive. Be ready to learn from teachers, other staff and your peers.
- Be Encouraging. Demonstrate concern for the growth and development of all others.
- Be Appreciative. Value the guidance of supportive adult and student leaders.
Responsibility: Embracing opportunities to contribute
- Be Helpful. Understand and advance the group’s positive goals.
- Be Conscientious. Be aware and careful of the choices you make.
- Be Accountable. Accept that your actions impact everyone around you.
- Be Persevering. Work through difficulty and discouragement in pursuit of individual and class objectives.
- Be Reliable. Prove that others can depend on you.
Citizenship: Bring your best to all situations
- Be Cooperative. Join your classmates in a mutual quest for excellence.
- Be Fair. Perform skillfully, guided by the letter and spirit of the rules.
- Be Gracious. Enjoy the challenge of a tough competitor and meet it with your finest performance, win or lose.
- Be Honorable. Respect the challenge and contributions made by classmates, teachers and other staff.
- Be Humble. Don’t distract from great work with arrogant behavior.
Leadership: Serving the common good
- Be Empowering. Inspire and help others to grow, succeed and lead.
- Be Visionary. Raise expectations for yourself and the class.
- Be Interconnected. Recognize the vital link between individual effort and group achievement.
- Be Generous. Freely contribute hard work and support to reach the classes goals.
- Be Energetic. Initiate action and do what needs to be done.